- Squid can be used whole singly for big bass, or in twos and threes for 20lb plus cod during the winter. Single squid also take rays, huss and conger.
- It makes a great bait for black bream and dabs cut in to 3cms x 0.5cms strips to move in the tide like a small fish, and as a tippet bait with worm and mackerel.
- To prepare squid for strip baits, firstly cut the head off and remove the clear coloured cartilage that forms the backbone of the squid. This simply slides out with gentle thumb and finger pressure. Now peel off the skin which comes away easily with the fingers or the back of a knife. This leaves a clear white flesh. Cut the body open down one side and lay the flesh flat for cutting.
- A good tip for big winter cod is to remove the head and backbone, remove the skin but leave the body cavity whole. Fill the body cavity with lug or mussel and slide the whole parcel on to the hook. Now secure with bait elastic. You can stab the bait with the point of a knife to release more scent if you prefer. This bait concentrates lots of scent in to the one bait, and has the added advantage of keeping hungry crabs at bay when they are stripping baits too quickly for fish to find it.
- Supplied in 1lb frozen blocks.
Important Frozen Bait Information
- All frozen baits will be packed securely in bubble wrap or newspaper.
- WARNING: If you are not in to sign for your order we will not be held responsible for the products freshness.
- All Deliveries are next day, only if you order before 8.30am, we do not deliver over weekends.
- Please read the delivery section for more information on deliveries. It is the customers responsibility to make sure they place there order on the correct day so they can make sure they are in to sign for the delivery as we do not keep any back orders.
- Your order should be with you in approx 24-36 hours from the time the order has been packed. We cant guarantee the bait will be frozen because of the time frame but the bait will be fine to re freeze as soon as you receive the order.
There are no reviews yet.